Category Archives: Uncategorized
We have a spirit night at Blaze Pizza in Frisco on Thursday, February 1st. The band will receive a portion of all dine-in and take-out sales from 5:00PM-8:30PM that evening. Any orders placed online will NOT count towards our fundraiser. Show the above flyer at the register to make sure your sales are counted (can show on your phone or print). Come have pizza and support the band!
Congratulations to Catherine Zhou, 1st chair flute at Area and now the newest member of the Texas 5A All-State Symphonic Band! She joins Spencer Singer (All-State Jazz Ensemble) as the second All-Stater from the LT Band. Congratulations to both of you on all your hard work paying off!
Congratulations to our 2017 All-Region Band Members. After months of work, these 37 students placed in a Region 24 All-Region Band. It is an incredible honor to be selected to one of these groups. To make the ninth grade band, freshmen had to compete with all freshmen from both 5A and 6A schools in our region. To make one of the 5A bands, students had to compete with 9th-12th graders at other 5A schools in our region. Needless to say, we are incredibly proud of these students.
In addition, we had 4 students who were chosen for the All-Region Orchestra: Catherine Zhou, Arianna Parks, Arianna Bohara, and Ethan Beltran. Two of these students also advanced to the Area round and, in January, will compete for a chance to make All-State. Congratulations to Catherine Zhou, flute, and Arianna Parks, french horn.
Congratulations to these fine musicians on this wonderful accomplishment!
If you didn’t get a chance to order spirit wear at Registration on Wednesday night, or would like to order more, you can place orders through the store link below. All spirit wear will be ready prior to our first home game on August 31st. We know you will want to wear your band gear in the stands at games and contests to show your support for your student and the awesome Trailblazer Band. The kids LOVE having a large parent group cheering them on each week. The deadline to order is midnight on Wednesday, August 9th.
1. Here is a link to the Summer Schedule. Please remember that these practices are mandatory for all members and have been on the band calendar since January. A more detailed calendar view can be found at www.trailblazerband.com/calendar for your convenience.
2. You’ll need to wear/bring these items:
o Athletic shoes – well-fitting, supportive, and preferably light-colored
o Light colored shorts/t-shirt
o Hat/sunglasses (optional but strongly recommended)
o Water jug – ½ gal or more (we will have band-issued water jugs, but they won’t arrive until later in the summer)
o Marching instrument
3. Please begin memorizing these pieces of music, downloadable from the Music page. Your ability to play these pieces of music memorized will be part of your audition for the contest show at the end of the 2nd week:
o Fight song
o Alma mater
o Show music
4. While the band fees cover almost everything you will need, there are a few small items we ask students to purchase on their own. You may already have both of these items. If so, please do not buy more just for us.
o Flip folder. You can find these at local music stores such as Music 1st and Music and Arts
o Khaki shorts. These will be part of your “summer uniform” that we will wear at events until it cools down enough to bust out the shiny marching uniforms. These shorts must be school-appropriate. If you are a returning member and would like to wear the uniform shorts from last year, you are, of course, more than welcome to do so.
5. Lastly, we begin at 8:00am sharp on Wednesday, July 26th and we will meet in the auditorium. BE EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is important that you have spent time outdoors this summer in order to acclimate to the heat. Each day we will be working outside to make sure the LTHS band is the very best it can be. I can’t wait to see you all in one week!
This Week in Band:
- Tuesday – Uniforms Due. Audition Day #1 from 5-7 PM for the following instruments: flute, clarinet, trumpet, euphonium, tuba. If you cannot make this date, please let Mr. Schaul know ASAP.
- Wednesday, May 31 – Audition Day #2 from 5-7 PM for the following instruments: oboe, bassoon, bass clarinet, saxophone, horn, trombone. If you cannot make this date, please let Mr. Schaul know ASAP.
Some dates/details have changed. As always, the most up-to-date information may be found on the band website and calendar. If you are subscribed to the band calendar, please re-subscribe to receive the most recent calendar updates. Please contact me should you have any questions.
Summer break is near – make it a great week!
LTHS Band Staff
Congrats to all on exceptional ensemble performances. Thank you parents who made it out to listen. We enjoyed performing for you!
This Week in Band,
- Monday – May Camp #2 5-7 pm.
- Tuesday – Jazz Band 7:15-8:30 am
- Wednesday – Spring Concert. We begin immediately following the Fowler MS Concert (approx. 7:30 pm). Concert Dress.
- Thursday – Spring Trip!! Please review trip packet for all pertinent info. All forms were due Friday.
The most up to date information may be found on the band website/calendar. Please contact me should you have any questions.
Have a wonderful week,