We have a spirit night at Blaze Pizza in Frisco on Thursday, February 1st. The band will receive a portion of all dine-in and take-out sales from 5:00PM-8:30PM that evening. Any orders placed online will NOT count towards our fundraiser. Show the above flyer at the register to make sure your sales are counted (can show on your phone or print). Come have pizza and support the band!
Category Archives: Upcoming Events
We would like to invite you all to our 2nd Annual Holiday Extravaganza, on Thursday, Dec. 7th, presented by the LTHS Fine Arts Department. The show will feature performances by all of the fine arts organizations and should be a fun and enriching evening. It will be held in the LTHS auditorium and admission is free.
For your convenience, we have divided the night into two shows, each featuring different performances. The first show begins at 6:00pm and will feature our Concert Band, Symphonic Band, and percussion ensembles, among other groups. The second show begins at 7:30pm and will feature our Winterguard, different percussion ensembles, and Wind Symphony.
In the spirit of the season, we are partnering with Toys for Tots for this event. If you feel inclined, please bring an unwrapped toy to the concert and help spread good tidings to a less fortunate child.
1. Here is a link to the Summer Schedule. Please remember that these practices are mandatory for all members and have been on the band calendar since January. A more detailed calendar view can be found at www.trailblazerband.com/calendar for your convenience.
2. You’ll need to wear/bring these items:
o Athletic shoes – well-fitting, supportive, and preferably light-colored
o Light colored shorts/t-shirt
o Hat/sunglasses (optional but strongly recommended)
o Water jug – ½ gal or more (we will have band-issued water jugs, but they won’t arrive until later in the summer)
o Marching instrument
3. Please begin memorizing these pieces of music, downloadable from the Music page. Your ability to play these pieces of music memorized will be part of your audition for the contest show at the end of the 2nd week:
o Fight song
o Alma mater
o Show music
4. While the band fees cover almost everything you will need, there are a few small items we ask students to purchase on their own. You may already have both of these items. If so, please do not buy more just for us.
o Flip folder. You can find these at local music stores such as Music 1st and Music and Arts
o Khaki shorts. These will be part of your “summer uniform” that we will wear at events until it cools down enough to bust out the shiny marching uniforms. These shorts must be school-appropriate. If you are a returning member and would like to wear the uniform shorts from last year, you are, of course, more than welcome to do so.
5. Lastly, we begin at 8:00am sharp on Wednesday, July 26th and we will meet in the auditorium. BE EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is important that you have spent time outdoors this summer in order to acclimate to the heat. Each day we will be working outside to make sure the LTHS band is the very best it can be. I can’t wait to see you all in one week!
Registration Night is coming up on July 26th, and is one of the most important events of the year. We’ll be updating your information, collecting forms, fitting you for uniforms and t-shirts, collecting fees and much more. You will also receive much information pertaining to the fall semester.
Location: LTHS band hall
Date: July 26th
Time: Returning Members – 5-7pm
New Members – 7-9pm
From the below links, select the NEW or RETURNING member fee sheet depending on your status in the LT band. Print that fee sheet, along with the 6 other forms, and bring them to Registration Night. You can fill out all of the forms except for the fee sheet ahead of time. You will be sized for items on the fee sheet on Registration Night. Please come prepared to pay your fees. We will accept checks, cash, money orders, and credit cards. (Cards will include an additional 2.75% convenience fee.)
See you there!
What a year this has been! From the first day of marching camp to our incredible UIL performances,this Band has already established a legacy of excellence. They have been Trailblazers in every sense of the word. Thank you to ALL who have contributed to the successes we have shared this year.
Enjoy your summer!!
Next year’s band calendar is live on our website. Please use this calendar for future planning. Every member of the band is critical to our success. We need you present at every event!!
DSO Masterclass – May 2 @ LTHS (5:00-7:00 pm) – optional event.
Spring Trip Parent Meeting – May 4 @ LTHS Auditorium (7:00-8:00 pm) – for those attending the trip. A representative from each household should be present.
Band Banquet – May 5 @ LTHS (6:00 pm)
May Camp #1 – May 8 @ LTHS (5:00-7:00 pm) – Required event for all band members. This will be outside. Dress accordingly-shorts, t-shirt, hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Bring water!
Ensemble Festival – May 10 @ LTHS (during school) – Parents and guests attending. Please check in at the front office. Concert Band 10:35-12:05 pm / Symphonic Band 1:10-2:40 pm Orchestra Spring Concert – May 11 @ LTHS (6:20-7:00 pm) – Symphonic Band only. Formal dress.
May Camp #2 – May 15 @ LTHS (5:00-7:00 pm) – Required event for all band members. This will be outside. Dress accordingly-shorts, t-shirt, hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Bring water!
Spring Concert – May 17 @ LTHS (8:00 pm) – with FMS. Formal Dress
Spring Trip to San Antonio – May 18-21. Trip itinerary given at the Parent Meeting Assessments for 2017-2018 Begin – May 22 (various times)
Uniforms Due – May 23
May Camp #3 – May 23 @ LTHS (5:00-7:00 pm) – Required event for all band members. This will be outside. Dress accordingly-shorts, t-shirt, hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Bring water!
State Solo Festival – May 27-29 @ Hendrickson HS (individual times) – Best wishes to our state bound folks!! Contact a director should you have any specific questions.
May Camp #4 – May 31 @ LTHS (5:00-7:00 pm) – Required event for all band members. This will be outside. Dress accordingly-shorts, t-shirt, hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Bring water!
Night of Jazz – June 1 @ Frisco Commons – This is tentative. More details to come.
Outstanding performances abound! Both the Veterans Assembly and the Holiday Extravaganza were wonderful. We raised over $600 for the Small World Angel Program. Congratulations to our 25 students selected to a region band! This is a HUGE accomplishment and we are proud of ALL students who gave their time and energy to improve as musicians. Our whole band improved from
Next year’s TENTATIVE band calendar is live on our website. Please use this calendar for planning purposes. A final calendar will be sent as soon as possible. Please make sure to purchase an original copy of your Solo ASAP. Pender’s or JWPepper are the two best places to order from.
- Main Event Social – Jan. 13 @ Main Event 9275 Dallas Parkway, Frisco, TX 75033 (6:00-8:30 pm) – Optional event. Students will need transportation to and from. See RSVP handout for details.
- Sectionals and Jazz Band Resume – Jan. 17 – Consult band calendar for specifics.
- 3rd Trip Payment Due – Jan. 18 – Checks placed in safe box outside Mr. Holzer’s door.
- Pep Rally – Jan. 19 @ LTHS (During School) – Wear Ignition shirt.
- All Region Bands Clinic/Concert – Jan. 19-20 @ (various locations) – For those selected to a region band. See handout in your region folder for details.
- Mid-Winter Concert – Feb. 2 @ LTHS (5:30 pm call time, 6:00 pm concert) – All band members.
- Concert dress. We will be followed by the Frisco and Carrolton Community Band.
- 4th Trip Payment Due – Feb. 17 – Checks placed in safe box outside Mr. Holzer’s door.
- Solo and Ensemble – Feb. 18 @ Plano East Senior High (individual times) – More details to come!
- Frisco Jazz Festival – Feb. 25 @ Frisco High (time TBA) – Jazz Band only.
- Upcoming – Please mark your calendars and bookmark – www.trailblazerband.com
- 5th Trip Payment Due – Checks placed in safe box outside Mr. Holzer’s door.
- Cluster Pre-UIL Concert – Mar. 21 @ LTHS (times TBA) – All band members.
- Jazz Band Tour – Apr. 1 – Jazz Band only.
- UIL – Apr. 18 @ CHS – The Super Bowl of band competitions.
- 6th Trip Payment Due – Apr. 18 – Checks placed in safe box outside Mr. Holzer’s door.
- Trip Refund Deadline – April 21 – Last chance to receive a refund.
- Region Auditions Phase 1 – Dec. 3 @ Plano Senior High (individual times) – Students selected to participate will need transportation to and from their audition. Plan to arrive 30-40 minutes ahead of time to check in and warm-up. Dress for comfort and do your best. Results will be announced in class the following day.
- Region Auditions Phase 2 – Dec. 5 @ Plano Senior High (individual times) – Students advancing from phase 1 will need transportation to and from their audition. Plan to arrive 30-40 minutes ahead of time to check in and warm-up. Dress for comfort and do your best. Results will be announced in class the following day. Fowler MS Band Concert – Dec. 6 @ LTHS (4:30-8:00 pm) – Student volunteers needed to help with concert logistics.
- Fine Arts Extravaganza – Dec. 8 @LTHS (6:00 pm call time/7:00 pm performance) – LTHS Fine Arts will be featured. No admission but DONATIONS are requested. All proceeds will go to support the Small World Angel Program which supplies gift for local children in the community. All donations are appreciated.
- Jazz Band at Safety Town – Dec. 9 @ Safety Town (6:00-8:00 pm) – Jazz Band only. Upcoming – Please mark your calendars and bookmark
Our loyalty week at Nothing Bundt Cake starts in two weeks. We will receive 30% back when someone pays and puts the receipt into our marked box.