If you didn’t get a chance to order spirit wear at Registration on Wednesday night, or would like to order more, you can place orders through the store link below. All spirit wear will be ready prior to our first home game on August 31st. We know you will want to wear your band gear in the stands at games and contests to show your support for your student and the awesome Trailblazer Band. The kids LOVE having a large parent group cheering them on each week. The deadline to order is midnight on Wednesday, August 9th.
1. Here is a link to the Summer Schedule. Please remember that these practices are mandatory for all members and have been on the band calendar since January. A more detailed calendar view can be found at www.trailblazerband.com/calendar for your convenience.
2. You’ll need to wear/bring these items:
o Athletic shoes – well-fitting, supportive, and preferably light-colored
o Light colored shorts/t-shirt
o Hat/sunglasses (optional but strongly recommended)
o Water jug – ½ gal or more (we will have band-issued water jugs, but they won’t arrive until later in the summer)
o Marching instrument
3. Please begin memorizing these pieces of music, downloadable from the Music page. Your ability to play these pieces of music memorized will be part of your audition for the contest show at the end of the 2nd week:
o Fight song
o Alma mater
o Show music
4. While the band fees cover almost everything you will need, there are a few small items we ask students to purchase on their own. You may already have both of these items. If so, please do not buy more just for us.
o Flip folder. You can find these at local music stores such as Music 1st and Music and Arts
o Khaki shorts. These will be part of your “summer uniform” that we will wear at events until it cools down enough to bust out the shiny marching uniforms. These shorts must be school-appropriate. If you are a returning member and would like to wear the uniform shorts from last year, you are, of course, more than welcome to do so.
5. Lastly, we begin at 8:00am sharp on Wednesday, July 26th and we will meet in the auditorium. BE EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is important that you have spent time outdoors this summer in order to acclimate to the heat. Each day we will be working outside to make sure the LTHS band is the very best it can be. I can’t wait to see you all in one week!
Registration Night is coming up on July 26th, and is one of the most important events of the year. We’ll be updating your information, collecting forms, fitting you for uniforms and t-shirts, collecting fees and much more. You will also receive much information pertaining to the fall semester.
Location: LTHS band hall
Date: July 26th
Time: Returning Members – 5-7pm
New Members – 7-9pm
From the below links, select the NEW or RETURNING member fee sheet depending on your status in the LT band. Print that fee sheet, along with the 6 other forms, and bring them to Registration Night. You can fill out all of the forms except for the fee sheet ahead of time. You will be sized for items on the fee sheet on Registration Night. Please come prepared to pay your fees. We will accept checks, cash, money orders, and credit cards. (Cards will include an additional 2.75% convenience fee.)
See you there!
This Week in Band:
- Tuesday – Uniforms Due. Audition Day #1 from 5-7 PM for the following instruments: flute, clarinet, trumpet, euphonium, tuba. If you cannot make this date, please let Mr. Schaul know ASAP.
- Wednesday, May 31 – Audition Day #2 from 5-7 PM for the following instruments: oboe, bassoon, bass clarinet, saxophone, horn, trombone. If you cannot make this date, please let Mr. Schaul know ASAP.
Some dates/details have changed. As always, the most up-to-date information may be found on the band website and calendar. If you are subscribed to the band calendar, please re-subscribe to receive the most recent calendar updates. Please contact me should you have any questions.
Summer break is near – make it a great week!
LTHS Band Staff