Incredibly proud of all of our students for an OUTSTANDING Mid-Winter Concert. Beautiful music comes from the heart and you displayed the highest level of artistry through this performance. Thank you to all for the many hours spent practicing and perfecting your music. Concerts are the ultimate group effort and you gave 110%.
In this link Newsletter and Testing Dates you will find a list of approved SAT/ACT testing dates for next year. Following this calendar will help us avoid any testing conflicts.
As you receive your solo originals, please number the solo and accompaniment parts in pencil, and turn in the accompaniment to your director ASAP so we can give it to the accompanists to practice. Solos may be ordered from www.penders.com and www.jwpepper.com.
This Week in Band,
- Monday – Mr. Merrill (Duncanville, SMU) will be with us in class. Worley Accompanist during school.
- Tuesday – Worley Accompanist during school.
- Thursday – Wenck accompanist after school.
- Friday – Rodriguez accompanist during school
- Wed.-Fri.-Directors will be away attending the TMEA convention. Please remember to be professional and treat the substitutes with kindness. Band can be tough to cover with all the students involved. We want them to return when we need them!
The sectional/jazz band schedule is on the website.
A PRELIMINARY summer band calendar for 2017 available to view on the band website. This is no means finalized, but can give you an idea of what camp will look like for planning purposes.
Newsletter attached. The most up to date information may be found on the band website/calendar. Please contact me should you have any questions.
Have a wonderful week,