Tomorrow, both Lebanon Trail Jazz Ensembles perform at the Plano Jazz Invitational! Jazz Ensemble 2 performs at 10 AM in a clinic environment in the Plano Senior HS Band Hall, and Jazz Ensemble 1 performs at 2:30 PM on stage at Plano Senior HS. Please also consider attending the evening concert at 6:30 PM – tickets are $10 at the door. We hope to see you there! #beundeniable
You are invited to attend our 2019 Midwinter concert. It begins at 7:00pm in the LTHS Auditorium. Below are approximate start times for each group.
7:00pm… Concert Band
7:15pm… Symphonic Band
7:35pm… Symphonic Winds
8:05pm… Wind Ensemble
Click here for the program for tonight’s event. We hope to see you there!
We have a spirit night at Blaze Pizza in Frisco on Thursday, February 1st. The band will receive a portion of all dine-in and take-out sales from 5:00PM-8:30PM that evening. Any orders placed online will NOT count towards our fundraiser. Show the above flyer at the register to make sure your sales are counted (can show on your phone or print). Come have pizza and support the band!
We would like to invite you all to our 2nd Annual Holiday Extravaganza, on Thursday, Dec. 7th, presented by the LTHS Fine Arts Department. The show will feature performances by all of the fine arts organizations and should be a fun and enriching evening. It will be held in the LTHS auditorium and admission is free.
For your convenience, we have divided the night into two shows, each featuring different performances. The first show begins at 6:00pm and will feature our Concert Band, Symphonic Band, and percussion ensembles, among other groups. The second show begins at 7:30pm and will feature our Winterguard, different percussion ensembles, and Wind Symphony.
[button open_new_tab=”true” color=”accent-color” hover_text_color_override=”#fff” size=”large” url=”http://trailblazerband.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Holiday-Extravaganza-Program.pdf” text=”Holiday Concert Program” color_override=””]
In the spirit of the season, we are partnering with Toys for Tots for this event. If you feel inclined, please bring an unwrapped toy to the concert and help spread good tidings to a less fortunate child.
1. Here is a link to the Summer Schedule. Please remember that these practices are mandatory for all members and have been on the band calendar since January. A more detailed calendar view can be found at www.trailblazerband.com/calendar for your convenience.
2. You’ll need to wear/bring these items:
o Athletic shoes – well-fitting, supportive, and preferably light-colored
o Light colored shorts/t-shirt
o Hat/sunglasses (optional but strongly recommended)
o Water jug – ½ gal or more (we will have band-issued water jugs, but they won’t arrive until later in the summer)
o Marching instrument
3. Please begin memorizing these pieces of music, downloadable from the Music page. Your ability to play these pieces of music memorized will be part of your audition for the contest show at the end of the 2nd week:
o Fight song
o Alma mater
o Show music
4. While the band fees cover almost everything you will need, there are a few small items we ask students to purchase on their own. You may already have both of these items. If so, please do not buy more just for us.
o Flip folder. You can find these at local music stores such as Music 1st and Music and Arts
o Khaki shorts. These will be part of your “summer uniform” that we will wear at events until it cools down enough to bust out the shiny marching uniforms. These shorts must be school-appropriate. If you are a returning member and would like to wear the uniform shorts from last year, you are, of course, more than welcome to do so.
5. Lastly, we begin at 8:00am sharp on Wednesday, July 26th and we will meet in the auditorium. BE EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is important that you have spent time outdoors this summer in order to acclimate to the heat. Each day we will be working outside to make sure the LTHS band is the very best it can be. I can’t wait to see you all in one week!